Ready 2 Learn
Early Education Centre
Here at Ready 2 Learn, we are a well-established and actively expanding organization with 4 centre locations within Sydney’s North West. We pride ourselves on putting into practice our philosophy, which is based on the inherent value that ‘each child is an individual, who needs to grow and develop in a secure and nurturing environment’.
We are looking for a Centre Cook that understands the importance of quality, delicious food and the impact it has on the development of young children. If you have the desire to develop, provide and teach healthy cooking to young children then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As the Centre chef you will report directly to Centre Director. You will be responsible for maintaining all areas of your role as per our job description and you will be expected to aid in the ordering, menu planning, cleaning of the kitchen and catering to the needs of all children at the centre.
Some of your responsibilities are, but may not be limited to the below:
- Manage the day to day running of the Kitchen (meal prep/cooking, cleaning etc)
- Work with the team to guide and implement age appropriate educational cooking programs for the children
- Source fresh produce
- Manage a budget and ordering of food from suppliers
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- Preferable, but no essential: Munch and Move Program, Commercial cookery Certificate.
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management training
- Holds a cleared Working with Children Check (WWCC)
BENEFITS AND CULTURE:
- Work for a recognised and highly regarded, growing organisation!
- Part time – 25 hours per week
- Paid professional development training as well as in-house training
- Free Team events
- Above award wages will be considered with merit
- Free onsite parking
- First Aid Certificate
- Working with children check number/expiry date
- Evidence of professional development and skills
- Information about previous work employment/experience
- List of professional referees’ and their contact information
- Must have a valid driver’s licence
- Must be an Australian Permanent Resident/Citizen
Job Type: Part-time